3M™ Scott™ Facepiece Brackets *For HT Mask Only*
Louder, Clearer Communications Product Answering the market request for communication and intelligibility improvements, 3M Scott Fire & Safety introduces the EPIC 3—the smartest, most durable and safest voice amplification communication system in the market.
The EPIC 3 audible and visual operational indications make this system the safest in the market, earning STI scores above .65 and providing louder, clearer and more effective communication than other voice amplifiers in the market. The EPIC 3 best-in-class battery life, at over 50 hours, more than doubles that of the most popular models in the market. Submitted for NFPA 1981 2013 approvals, the EPIC 3 passed the heat and flame test, high heat and flame test, radiant heat test and the 30-minute tumble test, and holds IP 66 and 67 ratings. The EPIC 3 is backwards compatible to work with NFPA 1981, 2002 and 2007 SCBA.
- Automatic Shutoff Amplifier reduces costs of battery replacement and improves equipment readiness
- Intrinsically safe for use with commercially available alkaline and NiMH AAA batteries
- Durable, rugged design is robust enough to withstand day-to-day rigors, even in the most extreme applications
- Ribbed, textured surface establishes more secure handling even with wet-gloved hands
- On/Off button with tactile surface makes it easy to recognize activation with a gloved hand or in a noisy environment
- Angled directional speaker projects an amplified voice in the direction the user is facing
- Upgradeable to include radio interface and talk-around, multi-channel functionality
- NFPA- and NIOSH-approved (NFPA approvals 2002/2007, submitted for 2013 approval)