Akron Brass Mercury FlowGuard
Introducing FlowGuard for the Mercury Quick Attack LE portable fire monitor.
The Mercury FlowGuard is designed to reduce hazard risk for your crew and give them confidence while firefighting.
Not only does the FlowGuard protect your crew, but also your pump. When the hose or the monitor experiences excessive, potentially hazardous movement while flowing, the Mercury FlowGuard, will automatically reduce water flow.
- Does Not Shut Down all the Flow
- Reduces to about 1/3 of the flow
- No water hammer of the pump
- Fast and Easy Reset
- Close monitor valve, turn reset button a ¼ turn, put hose back in line, open monitor valve and start flowing
- Lightweight and Compact with a Slim Profile
- Weighing 4.6 pounds or 2 kg
- 9.125” inches long or 231mm
- Low Friction Loss
- 8 psi or less than 1 bar at 500 gpm or 1900 lpm(total friction loss at 500 gpm is 14 psi or 1 bar with FlowGuard)
- Can be specified with the new 3444 and retrofitted in the field to previous Mercury Quick Attack monitors 3443
- Can be ordered separately or in specified combos
Is FlowGuard compatible with Mercury Master? No
Is FlowGuard compatible with the obsolete MQA? Yes
- Firefighting – Structural
Akron Brass Mercury FlowGuard - Style 3448The Akron Brass Mercury FlowGuard Style 3448 shall be lightweight and compact in size. It shall have a 2 1/2" inlet (65mm) with a full time swivel and a 2 1/2" (65mm) outlet. The FlowGuard should weigh no more than 4.6 pounds or 2 kg, and be 9.125 inches long or 231mm). The FlowGuard shall have a maximum operating pressure of 230 psi or 16 bar. The FlowGuard can be utilized with an Akron Brass 3443 and/or 3444 Mercury Quick Attack LE monitor. The FlowGuard shall have an unobstructed waterway with a friction loss no more than 8 psi or 0.55 bar at full flow of 500 gpm or 1900 lpm. It shall have a stainless steel valve. The outer material shall be of Pyrolite® construction with the Akro-Tec and black hard coating.
4.6 lbs (2 kg)
|Weight||4.6 lbs (2 kg)|
|Operating Pressure||Max 230 psi (Max 16 bar)|
|Flow (GPM)||Max 500|
|Flow (LPM)||Max 1900|
There are no reviews yet.