Chemguard Class A Direct Attack Foam
DIRECTATTACK foam agent concentrate is a Low-, Medium-, and High-Expansion Foam, Class A fire control foam concentrate formulated from specialty hydrocarbon surfactants, stabilizers, corrosion-inhibitors, and solvents. The foam agent solution has been proven effective on many deep-seated Class A fuel fires, such as tire fires, paper fires, coal fires, structure fires, and wild fires. The foam agent also provides superior cold weather performance.
DIRECTATTACK foam agent concentrate can be proportioned from 0.1% to 1.0% in fresh, brackish, or sea water. When used as a pre-mixed solution, only fresh or potable water should be used if the premix is to be stored over long periods of time. Because of the extremely low proportioning rate, the foam agent concentrate offers outstanding economy in concentrate storage space, cost (compared to conventional 3% and 6% foam agents), and water hauling requirements. For example, a 5 gal (19 L) pail of foam agent concentrate produces 500 gal (1,893 L) of fire control foam agent solution at 1% concentration and produces 5,000 gal (18,927 L) of foam agent solution at 0.1% concentration.
CHEMGUARD Class A foam concentrates combine foaming and wetting agents for use in a variety of firefighting applications. When proportioned with water, Class A concentrates reduce the solution surface tension and allow greater penetration of the foam into most Class A fuels.
This item requires special shipping, additional charges may apply.
Fire suppression mechanisms and characteristics in effect when using DIRECTATTACK foam agent concentrate include:
- Reduction of the water surface tension provides the foam agent solution with superior wetting and penetrating characteristics. This helps make Class A fuels less combustible and allows the solution to penetrate past the char to help control deep seated fires.
- Extended drain time provides longer surface wetting, reducing the risk of ignition / re-ignition.
- Creation of a dense foam blanket which provides an insulating barrier between the fuel and air.
- Suppression of combustible vapors while cooling the fuel.
- Forms a brilliant white foam that reflects heat.
- High viscosity allows foam to cling to vertical surfaces for increased protection.
Applicable suppression mechanisms and some properties of DIRECTATTACK foam agent solution depend on the type of foam delivery device used. The foam agent has a reduced environmental signature and does not have any EPA reportable contents.
DIRECTATTACK foam agent includes the following environmental qualities:
- Foam agent does not destroy or retard new forest growth.
- Foam agent will not harm fish or wildlife.
- Foam agent is biodegradable in soils, aquatic ecosystems, and sewage treatment facilities.