Chemguard Class A Plus Foam
CHEMGUARD CLASS A PLUS foam concentrate is a low-, medium-, and high-expansion Class A fire control foam concentrate formulated from specialty hydrocarbon surfactants, stabilizers, and solvents. CLASS A PLUS foam solution is effective on many deep-seated Class A fires such as tire, paper, coal, and structure fires.
CLASS A PLUS foam concentrate can be proportioned from 0.1% to 1.0% in fresh, brackish, or sea water. Because of the extremely low proportioning rate, the foam concentrate offers outstanding economy in concentrate storage space, cost (compared to conventional 3% and 6% foam agents), and product transport requirements. For example, a 5-gal (19 L) pail of foam concentrate produces 500 gal (1,893 L) of fire control foam solution at 1% concentration and produces 5,000 gal (18,927 L) of foam solution at 0.1% concentration.
CHEMGUARD Class A foam concentrates combine foaming and wetting agents for use in a variety of firefighting applications. When proportioned with water, Class A concentrates reduce the solution surface tension and allow greater penetration of the foam into most Class A fuels.
This item requires special shipping, additional charges may apply.
Fire suppression mechanisms and characteristics in effect when using CLASS A PLUS foam concentrate include:
- Reduction of the surface tension of water, which provides superior wetting and char penetrating characteristics. This enhancement helps reduce combustibility of Class A fuels and control deep seated fires.
- Extended drain time which increases the duration of surface wetting, reducing the risk of ignition/re-ignition.
- Creation of a dense foam blanket which provides an insulating barrier between the fuel and air.
- Suppression of combustible vapors while cooling the fuel.
- Formation of a brilliant white foam that reflects heat.
- High viscosity which allows the foam to cling to vertical surfaces for increased protection.