The redesigned CSR2 Pulley is stronger yet lighter and incorporates 7/16 in (11 mm) to 1/2 in (13 mm) life safety rope. Ideal for industrial applications as well as many rescue operations, the CSR2 uses CMC’s proprietary, patented locking system, which eliminates a toothed cam or Prusik so it can be easily and safely released while under load. (The absence of the toothed cam means that even if the system is fully collapsed and pulled tight, it can still be released easily. Systems using a toothed cam must be raised even further before the cam can be released, which can be impossible if the system is fully collapsed without thinking about this problem ahead of time – causing potential problems with the load on the system becoming stuck.) An integral thrust-bearing swivel reduces torque by aligning the pulley with the load, thereby increasing efficiency and safety. Its larger size allows for the easy application of rescue-size carabiners.
Machined from a solid block of aircraft-grade aluminum, the CSR2 features a high-strength aluminum side plate, sealed bearings and anodized aluminum sheaves. The side becket location allows for maximum lift height and full retraction of the system, and a removable becket cover facilitates changing out lifeline with sewn terminations.
- Proprietary locking system eliminates a toothed cam, so the pulley can be safely released when under load
- An integrated thrust-bearing swivel reduces torque
- Anodized sheave machined from aluminum
- High-strength aluminum side plates
- High-efficiency sealed ball bearings
- A side-loaded becket allows maximum lift height and full retraction of system
- Compatible with 11mm to 13mm life safety ropes
- Removable becket cover facilitates changing lifelines with sewn terminations
- Meets NFPA 1983 (2017 ED) – General Use
- 3 Sigma MBS: Single: 46 kN (10341 lbf) / Double: 45 kN (10116 lbf)