Council Tool Pulaski Axe – Sold in Packs of 6
$57.95 – $72.80
Pulaski axe with wood or fiberglass handle. A traditional single bit axe blade on one end and a mattock blade for digging on the other. Used in forestry and general landscaping.
Sold in Packs of 6
Forged tool steel head.
- Hand sharpened, single bit edge and mattock blade
- ANSI Standards call for bit hardness of Rc 45-60, at least ½ inch back from the cutting edge. Council Tool internal standards call for tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55
- Body coated with red enamel and the cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust
- Wood handle:
- Double bit American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening
- Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with a serrated aluminum wedge. The serrated shape improves bite and the aluminum choice of material is strong, lightweight and does not change size with moisture content
- The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond. Approximately 1/2″ of the overall length of the handle is removed during assembly
- Fiberglass handle:
- Black clad style fiberglass handle. Traditional double bit shape. Construction is a pultruded structural fiberglass core with an injection molded jacket acting as an exterior body. The jacket is tough, durable engineered polymer. Extremely strong, non-conductive and non-corrosive
- Axe head is joined to the handle with a strong resilient epoxy, forming a chemical and mechanical bond. The interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond
- Made in the USA