Hot Shield Wildland Firefighter Face Mask
The Hot Shield Model HS-2 Wildland Firefighter Face Mask is a patented (U.S. Patents 5,628,308 and 5,823,188) highly flame resistant face protector designed by firefighters for use in all wildland firefighting operations. The HS-2 offers the extreme protection against burns to the face/neck with the added benefit of blocking and reducing the inhalation of smoke & ash particulate. Multiple layers of patented CarbonX help maintain the crucial airspace firefighters want and human skin needs to survive extreme temperatures. The soft comfortable inside liners (also CarbonX) absorb perspiration, adding to user comfort.
No other mask on the market can make these claims!
Twin layers of CarbonX mesh at the center ventilation orifice allow for easy air exchange and help prevent buildup of CO2. The patented, user-friendly design allows the firefighter to insert an activated carbon disposable particulate filter with exhalation valve.
CarbonX is the only inherently non-flammable fabric in the world. This fabric weave will not burn, ignite, char shrink or decompose, even for extended periods of time. (See CarbonX FAQ for more info on this revolutionary fabric).
The HS-2 weighs just 5.8 oz. / 162.4 grams, incorporates reflective trim for nighttime visibility. Each HS-2 is packaged with one (1) N-95 activated carbon filter for USA sales (some foreign countries prohibit import of N-95 filters). Actual packaging carton verbiage may differ. This is the most widely sold and most popular Hot Shield mask and the model we invented for ourselves back in 1993 after the California Fire Storms.
- Patented CarbonX materials inside and out
- Designed by firefighters for wildland firefighting operations
- Moderately easy to breathe through…designed for intermittent use as needed
- Filter pocket allows insertion of low-level, N-95 or EN respirator filter with exhalation valve
- Very lightweight, only 5.8 oz / 162.4 grams
- Comfortable and absorbs perspiration
- Hangs loose around your neck until you need it (integral CarbonX hang strap)
- One size fits all
- 3M Reflective Trim for nighttime visibility
- Wash and dry in any temperature and detergent