Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro
The fast and easy tool for taking weather observations, the Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro provides NIST-traceable accuracy, reliability, and usability when it matters most. Measure every environmental condition plus PIG and FDFM and view trends with on-screen data graphing. Drop-proof, dust-proof, waterproof, and able to withstand extreme environments without damage, your Kestrel Fire Weather meter can stand up to the abuses of work on a fire line wherever you’re assigned. The Kestrel 5500FW Fire Weather Meter Pro offers a large, high-resolution and contrast display and highly readable numerals. The Kestrel 5500FW also includes a built-in dual color backlight, extra-strong polycarbonate lens and single AA battery operation. In addition to measuring the current environmental conditions, the Kestrel 5500FW tracks and logs over 10,000 sets of time-stamped data, providing a complete history of conditions on the fire from the moment you arrive.
With optional LiNK wireless connectivity, your data log can be transferred to a Kestrel LiNK app (available on Android) for easy export and email to an FBAN or meteorologist. LiNK enabled units come with Kestrel Vane Mount, creating a wireless pop up weather station for accurate readings and tracking trends.
The Kestrel Meter 5500FW Heat Stress Meter measures/features
- PIG Screen (Probability of Ignition)
- FDFM Screen (Fine Dead Fuel Moisture)
- Waterless! Natural Wet Bulb Temperature accurately calculated from on-board digital sensors with no tedious setup or maintenance.
- Large, hi-res, hi-contrast, graphic display is perfectly readable in the brightest sunlight and is backlit for use in low-light conditions.
- Globe Temperature
- Naturally Aspirated Wet Bulb Temperature
- Wind Speed (Current, Average, & Maximum)
- Pressure trend
- Barometric pressure
- Relative humidity in %
- Accuracy: +/- 2%RH
- Sensors: 10 to 90% 25°C non-condensing
- Calibration Drift: Typically less than +/- 0.25% per year!
- Heat stress index
- Wet bulb temperature
- Density altitude
- Wind chill
- Air, water, and snow temperature °F or °C
- Time and date
- Easy- to-read backlit display
- Data Logger (automatic and manual)
- Customizable data storage – 2900 data points
- Humidity sensor can be calibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- Customize screens to display user-selected measurements
- Graph and recall trends
- User-replaceable impeller
- Data charting
- Upload to a computer (with optional interface)
- Meets MIL-STD-810F 516.5 Procedure IV Transit Shock test – 20 drops from 5 ft. IP-67 sealed to exclude dust and water at 3 ft. submersion
- Five languages (English, French, Spanish, German, and Italian)
- US Patent Nos. 5,783,753 and 5,939,645 and 6,257,074
- Made in the USA
- 5 Year Warranty
- LiNK version comes with vane mount and sturdy zippered case
- Carrying pouch
- Neck lanyard
- AA battery