Sigtronics UltraSound Intercoms
Voice activated intercom systems with 2 to 12 crew stations, and up to 4 radio transmit positions. Will interface with up to 3 mobile radios.
- Turn on instantly when you start speaking and turn off when you stop, which eliminates constant noise pick-up through the headset microphone.
- Interfaces to single or dual mobile radios, allowing all communications, both transmit and receive, to be heard through each headset.
- Compatible with cellular telephones. Contact us for information on using a Bluetooth cell phone with a Sigtronics intercom system.
- Radio transmit is accomplished by way of the headset microphone through use of a push-to-talk switch. This design allows placement of the push-to-talk switch in the most accessible location and eliminates the need to reach for the hand microphone.
- As an added safety feature, the intercom function is automatically disabled while transmitting so that only the voice of the person transmitting goes over the air, however his voice is heard by all crew members.
Model Positions Transmit Positions
US-45S (single radio) 4 (5 with pump panel) 2 + the pump panel
US-45D (dual radio) 4 (5 with pump panel) 2 + the pump panel
US-67S (single radio) 6 (7 with pump panel) 3 + the pump panel
US-67D (dual radio) 6 (7 with pump panel) 3 + the pump panel
US-12S (single radio) Up to 12 (13 with pump panel) 4 + the pump panel
US-12D (dual radio) Up to 12 (13 with pump panel) 4 + the pump panel
Versatility: Systems are available for all fire apparatus and emergency vehicles: such as 4 crew, 5 station – 6 crew, 7 station or 12 crew, 13 station intercoms. The extra station can be installed where needed (i.e. pump panel, bucket, turret.) Sigtronics can also customize systems to fit your special requirements.
Radio Operation: Models US-45S, US-67S and US-12S are for single radio operation. Models US-45D, US-67D and US-12D are configured for dual radio operation. They have additional switches that allow you to select which radio to transmit and receive on.
Stations: The US-45S and US-45D intercoms will accept up to four headsets. Two positions will have radio transmit capability. The US-67S and US-67D will accept up to six headsets. Three positions will have radio transmit capability. The US-12S and US-12D will accept up to twelve headsets. Four positions have radio transmit capability. Radio transmit at the pump panel is included in all the above systems.
Extra headsets can be paralleled where crew members operate from more than one position. Additional positions may be added at platform (turntable), ladder tip (bucket) or tailboard.
Fail Safe: The mobile radio, hand microphone and speaker will function normally with the intercom installed. The transmit keying circuit is fully isolated to provide for all radio keying configurations.
Simple Installation: The UltraSound is small and light weight and mounts above or below the panel and adjusts for easy viewing. The intercom package comes with all the necessary mounting hardware for installation in the apparatus. Small rugged mounting boxes, (1-5/16″ x 2″ x 2″) are provided with every unit to accommodate headset jacks and push-to-talk switches. Complete and easy to follow instructions are provided along with helpful hints, operating instructions, and an 800 number for technical help.
- Voice Activated – Turns on instantly when you start speaking and turns off when you stop. Eliminates noise pick-up through mic
- Systems for all fire apparatus and emergency vehicles
- Available in 4 crew, 5 station to 12 crew, 13 station models
- Models for single or dual radio systems
- All mounting hardware, jacks, switches and wire are included
- 1.8″ Height x 6.1″ Width x 4.5″ Depth