Tempest 16″ Electric Power Smoke Ejector
Smoke Ejectors are still the go to for many departments around the world for their compact size/weight, simplicity and affordability. Perfect for ventilating in confined spaces. Light weight and compact for convenient lifting/carrying and storage/transport.
The EBS is what you think of when you hear negative pressure ventilation post knockdown. Simple, lightweight and durable, this “box-fan” will get the job done every time you plug it in.
NEGATIVE PRESSURE VENTILATION
- This Smoke Ejector is designed to perform effective and efficient negative pressure ventilation, or NPV. While positive pressure ventilation (PPV) blows air into a structure, negative pressure pulls air out. This can be useful in confined space situations and/or when ventilated air must be controlled to a greater extent.
AIRFLEX COMPOSITION IMPELLER
- Uniquely designed impellers deliver maximum air volume (CFM), velocity and pressure. Every size and type of fan features a blade designed specifically for it to deliver the greatest performance possible. Composite blades are much safer than traditional metal blades as they are designed to disintegrate upon impact of any foreign objects. Metal blades may fragment when integrity is compromised, potentially causing severe injury.
0.3 HP OR 1.5 HP ELECTRIC MOTOR
- Ventilator is available in a number of configurations including a light weight 0.3 HP or high performance 1.5 HP single speed electric motor. Available with hazardous location (Explosion Proof, EP) motors which are intended for Class 1, Group C&D and Class 2 Group F&G environments. Motors can be ordered in 110-120V/60Hz or 220-230V/50Hz.
COMPACT SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Lightest weight and most compact ventilator available for extremely convenient use and transport. Its reduced dimensions make it perfect for compartments with limited space and confined space ventilation. At under 50 lbs., lifting and carrying this unit is a breeze and ideal for departments which often carry their ventilator over long distances or up and down stairwells.
SINGLE SPEED MOTOR
- The EBS-16 comes standard with a single speed electric motor with an output of 0.3 HP. This specific motor is matched perfectly with the fan blade’s size and pitch to produce the most effective air movement possible. This 16″ smoke ejector also comes available with a 1.5 HP motor for high CFM needs.
HANG/SUSPEND THE EBS-16
- One of the key advantages to the EBS-16’s light weight and compact design is its ability to be quickly suspended in nearly any door or window way. Want to ventilate a difficult to access and crowded interior space through a window? No problem. NOTE: For safety, we encourage the use of our Door Bar Holder (300-141) and Hanging Bracket Set (300-142) to properly hang the Tempest EBS-16.
- At 47 lbs., the Tempest EBS-16 is one of the more light weight ventilation units available. Its reduced dimensions and frame design allow users to easily carry it to and from the work site.
FORMED & WELDED ROLL-CAGE FRAME
- Not an ounce of Tempest’s well-known reliability and durability that comes standard on every fan was sacrificed to meet this unit’s small stature and light weight. The frame is made up of entirely steel; all molded, formed and welded into a sturdy roll-cage design. Like every Tempest, it’s built to last on the job site.
- Front and rear safety grilles feature a continuous spun wire body with four tie point bars. Meets strict European CE Safety Standards.
Negative Pressure Ventilation Fan – Smoke Ejector
Single Speed Electric – 0.3 HP or 1.5 HP Motor
Designed to Run on 15 AMP Circuit – Actual Draw Approx. 5.2 AMP
110V / 60Hz Standard (Other Options may be Available)
16″ Diameter Assembly Made Up of 6, AirFlex Fiberglass Reinforced Polyamide Blades
Integral Component of Frame
Continuous Circular Wound, Zinc-Plated Steel w/ 4 Tie Points for Additional Safety
Meets UL & European CE Safety Standards
Formed and Welded Sheet Metal Construction with Powder-Coat Finish
18″, 21″, 24″ and 27″ Models: 8″ Non-Pneumatic w/ Steel Hubs