Tempest Belt-Drive Gas Power Blower
Features a Tempest exclusive belt-drive design which reduces engine wear, improves CFM performance and provides greater stability. The Tempest Belt-Drive Power BlowerTM is the original PPV fan and still the gold standard today. Offers industry leading reliability, durability and performance.
AIRFLEX COMPOSITION IMPELLER
- Uniquely designed impellers deliver maximum air volume (CFM), velocity, and pressure from each Tempest Power Blower™. Every size and type of fan features a blade designed specifically for it to deliver the greatest performance possible. Composite blades are much safer than traditional metal blades as they are designed to disintegrate upon the impact of any foreign objects. Metal blades may fragment when integrity is compromised, potentially causing severe injury.
WELDED STEEL ROLL CAGE FRAME
- Every bend and cross brace weld is structurally engineered to increase the blower frame’s strength to weight ratio by as much as 30%. Welds eliminate the need to continuously maintain/tighten nuts and bolts. Its roll cage design gives protection to all angles and sides of the shroud and motor.
- The exclusive frame design makes it convenient to lift, carry, and transport. Numerous points on the frame double as lifting/carrying handles. The design itself is the result of three decades of testing, research, and experience to create the most ergonomic platform possible.
FOOT OPERATED TILT ADJUSTMENT
- No levers to set or knobs to tighten when setting the angle for PPV/PPA. Foot-operated adjustment is quick, easy, and secure. Allows for up to 5 (4 on 16” models) tilt positions: -5°, 0°, +5°, +10°, +15°
- The Tempest Belt-Drive positive pressure ventilation fans were designed with two major goals in mind. The first was to keep the engine at the lowest center of gravity as possible. Doing so greatly reduces the amount of vibration produced by the fan and guarantees it will not “walk”. Secondly, the belt/pulley system allows Tempest engineers to maximize the RPM’s at the blade, optimizing CFM output. The Belt-Drive has been categorized as the “Cadillac” of PPV fans.
GASOLINE ENGINES – PPA
- Gasoline-powered fans offer the highest CFM performance available. Ranging anywhere from 4.8 to 8.5 HP, these positive pressure ventilation fans are recommended for the implementation of Positive Pressure Attack (PPA) in residential structures.
8″ NON-PNEUMATIC WHEELS
- Extra-wide 8″ off-road non-pneumatic tires are more durable and allow easy movement up and down stairs, over curbs, and large diameter hoses, as well as through rough or muddy terrain. No brakes to forget to lock down or unlock. The positive pressure ventilation fan rests on firm, anti-vibration rubber feet for stability. “Walking” or movement of blower while in operation is eliminated. The risk of getting clothing in PPV fan blades while kneeling to set brake levers is eliminated.
TURBO 2000 SHROUD
- By redesigning the inward curve and front of the shroud, the Turbo 2000 increases air velocity by up to 30%. The air hitting the ventilation opening is stronger and maintains PPV pressure farther downwind.
DUAL “WINNING STEP”
- No levers to set or knobs to tighten when setting the angle for PPV. Foot-operated adjustment is quick, easy, and secure. The dual step allows for adjustment with either foot. Four back and one forward tilt position.
- Front and rear safety grilles feature a continuous spun wire body with eight tie point bars that also support the “Turbo 2000” shroud integrity. Meets strict European CE Safety Standards.
- Features a large section of durable, reflective material to dramatically increase the visibility of the blower from the front view and a full list of instructions on the back to allow for safe and effective use.
Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan, Cone Air Flow (CAF)
18″ Models: Honda® GX160, Belt-Driven
21″ Models: Honda® GX200, Belt-Driven
24″ Models: Honda® GX200, Belt-Driven
27″ Models: Honda® GX270, Belt-Driven
18″, 21″, 24″ and 27″ Diameter Assembly Made Up of AirFlex Fiberglass Reinforced Polyamide Blades
Turbo 2000 Design, Tapered Aluminum w/ Durable Powder-Coat Finish
Keyed Shaft and Set or Cap Screws
Continuous Circular-Wound, External-Weld Steel Wire with 8 Tie Points for Additional Safety
Meets UL & European CE Safety Standards
Rugged, Lightweight, Square-Steel Tubing with Powder-Coat Finish
Foot-Operated Tilt Mechanism
Five Position Tilt, +15°, +10°, +5°, 0°, -5°
Steel-Reinforced Rubber and Welded Steel Spring Feet
8″ Non-Pneumatic w/ Steel Hubs