Tempest Direct Drive Gas Power Blowers
Direct-Drive Gas Blower offers the ideal combination of value, performance, and durability.
Tempest Direct-Drive positive pressure ventilation fans offer the ideal combination of value, performance and durability. All models feature an overhead valve engine that delivers incredible reliability. The 18” and 21” Tempest Direct-Drive Power Blowers™ are the most popular PPV units in the world.
Perfect Combination in Value, Performance and Durability
Available w/ Honda GX or Briggs and Stratton OHV Engines”
AIRFLEX COMPOSITION IMPELLER
- Uniquely designed impellers deliver maximum air volume (CFM), velocity, and pressure from each Tempest Power Blower™. Every size and type of fan features a blade designed specifically for it to deliver the greatest performance possible. Composite blades are much safer than traditional metal blades as they are designed to disintegrate upon the impact of any foreign objects. Metal blades may fragment when integrity is compromised, potentially causing severe injury.
WELDED STEEL ROLL CAGE FRAME
- Every bend and cross brace weld is structurally engineered to increase the blower frame’s strength to weight ratio by as much as 30%. Welds eliminate the need to continuously maintain/tighten nuts and bolts. Its roll cage design gives protection to all angles and sides of the shroud and motor.
- The exclusive frame design makes it convenient to lift, carry, and transport. Numerous points on the frame double as lifting/carrying handles. The design itself is the result of three decades of testing, research, and experience to create the most ergonomic platform possible.
FOOT OPERATED TILT ADJUSTMENT
- No levers to set or knobs to tighten when setting the angle for PPV/PPA. Foot-operated adjustment is quick, easy, and secure. Allows for up to 5 (4 on 16” models) tilt positions: -5°, 0°, +5°, +10°, +15°.
BEST IN CLASS GASOLINE ENGINES
- Our line of Direct-Drive positive pressure ventilation fans use only the best small engines the industry has to offer. All 16″ to 24″ PPV fans come available with your choice of either a Honda® GX Series or Briggs and Stratton® OHV engine. Both engines makes are known for their remarkable performance and unchallenged reliability. There’s no wrong choice between these two.
GASOLINE ENGINES – PPA
- Gasoline-powered fans offer the highest CFM performance available. Ranging anywhere from 4.8 to 8.5 HP, these positive pressure ventilation fans are recommended for the implementation of Positive Pressure Attack (PPA) in residential structures.
8″ NON-PNEUMATIC WHEELS
- Extra-wide 8″ off-road non-pneumatic tires are more durable and allow easy movement up and down stairs, over curbs, and large diameter hoses, as well as through rough or muddy terrain. No brakes to forget to lock down or unlock. The positive pressure ventilation fan rests on firm, anti-vibration rubber feet for stability. “Walking” or movement of blower while in operation is eliminated. The risk of getting clothing in PPV fan blades while kneeling to set brake levers is eliminated.
TURBO 2000 SHROUD
- By redesigning the inward curve and front of the shroud, the Turbo 2000 increases air velocity by up to 30%. The air hitting the ventilation opening is stronger and maintains PPV pressure farther downwind.
- The exclusive full-width handle design makes pushing or pulling a positive pressure ventilation fan too and from the ventilation site quick and easy. The handle quickly swings up to a comfortable height and automatically locks firmly into position. Unlatch and easily fold the handle down for storage at the PPV fan’s listed dimensions.
DUAL “WINNING STEP”
- No levers to set or knobs to tighten when setting the angle for PPV. Foot-operated adjustment is quick, easy, and secure. The dual step allows for adjustment with either foot. Four back and one forward tilt position.
- Front and rear safety grilles feature a continuous spun wire body with eight tie point bars that also support the “Turbo 2000” shroud integrity. Meets strict European CE Safety Standards.
- Features a large section of durable, reflective material to dramatically increase the visibility of the blower from the front view and a full list of instructions on the back to allow for safe and effective use.
Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan, Cone Air Flow (CAF)
16″ Models: Honda® GX160 OR Briggs & Stratton® OHV 550
18″ Models: Honda® GX160 OR Briggs & Stratton® OHV 950
21″ Models: Honda® GX200 OR Briggs & Stratton® OHV 950
24″ Models: Honda® GX200 OR Briggs & Stratton® OHV 950
16″, 18″, 21″, or 24″ Diameter Assembly Made Up of AirFlex Fiberglass Reinforced Polyamide Blades
Turbo 2000 Design, Tapered Aluminum w/ Durable Powder-Coat Finish
16″ Models: 6″ Non-Pneumatic w/ Steel Hubs
18″, 21″ and 24″ Models: 8″ Non-Pneumatic w/ Steel Hubs
Continuous Circular-Wound, External-Weld Steel Wire with 8 Tie Points for Additional Safety
Meets UL & European CE Safety Standards
Rugged, Lightweight, Square-Steel Tubing with Powder-Coat Finish
Steel-Reinforced Rubber and Welded Steel Spring Feet
Foot-Operated Tilt Mechanism
16” Models: Four Position Tilt, +10°, +5°, 0°, -5°
18”, 21”, 24” Models: Five Position Tilt, +15°, +10°, +5°, 0°, -5°