Tempest Single Speed Electric Power Blower
Tempest Single-Speed PPV fans feature some of the lightest designs available and are perfect for departments looking to go electric on a limited budget. Available with hazardous location (Explosion Proof, EP) motors which are intended for Class 1, Group C&D and Class 2 Group F&G environments.
AIRFLEX COMPOSITION IMPELLER
- Uniquely designed impellers deliver maximum air volume (CFM), velocity and pressure from each Tempest Power Blower™. Every size and type of fan features a blade designed specifically for it to deliver the greatest performance possible. Composite blades are much safer than traditional metal blades as they are designed to disintegrate upon impact of any foreign objects. Metal blades may fragment when integrity is compromised, potentially causing severe injury.
WELDED STEEL ROLL CAGE FRAME
- Every bend and cross brace weld is structurally engineered to increase the blower frame’s strength to weight ratio by as much as 30%. Welds eliminate the need to continuously maintain/tighten nuts and bolts. Its roll cage design gives protection to all angles and sides of the shroud and motor.
- Exclusive frame design makes it convenient to lift, carry and transport. Numerous points on the frame double as lifting/carrying handles. The design itself is the result of three decades of testing, research and experience to create the most ergonomic platform possible.
FOOT OPERATED TILT ADJUSTMENT
- No levers to set or knobs to tighten when setting the angle for PPV/PPA. Foot operated adjustment is quick, easy and secure. Allows for up to 5 (4 on 16” models) tilt positions: -5°, 0°, +5°, +10°, +15°.
GFCI COMPATIBLE SINGLE SPEED ELECTRIC
- The Single Speed’s 1.5 and 1.0 HP motors are extremely simple to operate with only a single switch used to turn the unit ON or OFF. All models are GFCI compatible and will run on any 15 amp circuit without tripping the breaker. Every Single Speed positive pressure ventilation fan provides impressive CFM capable of creating positive pressure ventilation.
EXPLOSION PROOF OPTION
- One of the benefits of a single speed electric motor is its ability to be readily built into an explosion proof housing. The Single Speed EP motor option is rated to operate safely in Class I, Groups C & D and Class II, Groups F & G environments. When dealing with potentially flammable environment, EP is a must. Optional explosion proof ON/OFF switch also available.
- 16″ Single Speed Explosion Proof Part No. 910-1201
- 18″ Single Speed Explosion Proof Part No. 910-1221
- 21″ Single Speed Explosion Proof Part No. 910-1241
- 24″ Single Speed Explosion Proof Part No. 910-1261
NOTE: Explosion Proof options do not affect Power Blower size or performance.
8″ NON-PNEUMATIC WHEELS
- Extra wide 8″ off-road non-pneumatic tires are more durable and allow easy movement up and down stairs, over curbs and large diameter hoses, as well as through rough or muddy terrain. No brakes to forget to lock down or unlock. The PPV fan rests on firm, anti-vibration rubber feet for stability. “Walking” or movement of the fan while in operation is eliminated. Risk of getting clothing in the positive pressure fan’s blades while kneeling to set brake levers is eliminated. 16″ models are only available with 6″ non-pneumatic tires.
TURBO 2000 SHROUD
- By redesigning the inward curve and front of the shroud, the Turbo 2000 increases air velocity by up to 30%. The air hitting the ventilation opening is stronger and maintains PPV pressure farther downwind.
- The exclusive full width handle design makes pushing or pulling the positive pressure ventilation fan to and from the ventilation site quick and easy. The handle quickly swings up to a comfortable height and automatically locks firmly into position. Unlatch and easily fold the handle down for storage at the PPV fan’s listed dimensions.
DUAL “WINNING STEP”
- No levers to set or knobs to tighten when setting the angle for PPV. Foot operated adjustment is quick, easy and secure. Dual step allows for adjustment with either foot. Four back and one forward tilt position.
- Front and rear safety grilles feature a continuous spun wire body with eight tie point bars that also support the “Turbo 2000” shroud integrity. Meets strict European CE Safety Standards.
INFORMATION / SAFETY BAR
- Features a large section of durable, reflective material to dramatically increase visibility of the blower from front view and a full list of instructions on the back to allow for safe and effective use.
Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan, Cone Air Flow (CAF)
16″, 18″, 21″, or 24″ Diameter Assembly, AirFlex Fiberglass Reinforced Polyamide Blades
Rugged, Lightweight, Square-Steel Tubing with Powder-Coat Finish
Turbo 2000 Design, Tapered Aluminum w/ Durable Powder-Coat Finish
16″ Models: 6″ Non-Pneumatic w/ Steel Hubs
18″, 21″ and 24″ Models: 8″ Non-Pneumatic w/ Steel Hubs
Continuous Circular-Wound, External-Weld Steel Wire with 8 Tie Points for Additional Safety
Meets UL & European CE Safety Standards
Single Speed Electric
16″ Models: 1.5 HP TEFC Motor
18″, 21″ and 24″ Models: 1.0 HP TEFC Motor
GFCI Compatible: Designed to Run on 15 AMP Circuit – Actual Draw Approx. 14 AMP
110V / 60Hz Standard (Other Options may be Available)
EXPLOSION PROOF MOTOR OPTION:
Rated for Class I (Groups C & D) and Class II (Groups F & G) Environments
MAXIMUM CORD LENGTH:
14 GA. – 60′ 12 GA. – 95′ 10 GA. – 150′ 8 GA. – 240′ 6 GA. – 380′
Foot-Operated Tilt Mechanism
16” Models: Four Position Tilt, +10°, +5°, 0°, -5°
18”, 21”, 24” Models: Five Position Tilt, +15°, +10°, +5°, 0°, -5°