Tempest Variable Speed Electric Power Blowers
The VSR is the latest innovation in our variable speed electric offering and delivers unmatched performance, bridging the gap between gas and electric airflow. All models feature a class leading 2.0 HP motor and simple to operate 0 to 100 variable speed control. NEMA-4 rated drive provides extra protection in wet environments. This fan will operate on GFCI protected circuits. Motors can be ordered in 110-120V/60Hz or 220-230V/50Hz.
AIRFLEX COMPOSITION IMPELLER
- Uniquely designed impellers deliver maximum air volume (CFM), velocity and pressure from each Tempest Power Blower™. Every size and type of fan features a blade designed specifically for it to deliver the greatest performance possible. Composite blades are much safer than traditional metal blades as they are designed to disintegrate upon impact of any foreign objects. Metal blades may fragment when integrity is compromised, potentially causing severe injury.
WELDED STEEL ROLL CAGE FRAME
- Every bend and cross brace weld is structurally engineered to increase the blower frame’s strength to weight ratio by as much as 30%. Welds eliminate the need to continuously maintain/tighten nuts and bolts. Its roll cage design gives protection to all angles and sides of the shroud and motor.
- Exclusive frame design makes it convenient to lift, carry and transport. Numerous points on the frame double as lifting/carrying handles. The design itself is the result of three decades of testing, research and experience to create the most ergonomic platform possible.
FOOT OPERATED TILT ADJUSTMENT
- No levers to set or knobs to tighten when setting the angle for PPV/PPA. Foot operated adjustment is quick, easy and secure. Allows for up to 5 (4 on 16” models) tilt positions: -5°, 0°, +5°, +10°, +15°.
GFCI/NEMA 4 VARIABLE SPEED DRIVE
- The VSR positive pressure ventilation fan bears our latest variable speed drive. This GFCI compatible, NEMA 4 rated control box is durable, reliable and easy to operate. The 0 – 100 Rheostat knob and On/Off toggle are all it takes to operate the unit quickly and effectively.
PERFORMANCE 2.0 HP MOTOR
- You don’t always have to sacrifice performance for the convenience of an electric powered positive pressure ventilation fan. Our latest Power BlowerTM, the VSR, is closing the CFM gap between gas and electric. Equipped with a massive 2.0 HP motor, paired with our signature blade and shroud design, the VSR delivers the absolute best in GFCI compatible performance. If you’re looking to go electric but don’t want to sacrifice airflow, the VSR PPV fan is the answer.
8″ NON-PNEUMATIC WHEELS
- Extra wide 8″ off-road non-pneumatic tires are more durable and allow easy movement up and down stairs, over curbs and large diameter hoses, as well as through rough or muddy terrain. No brakes to forget to lock down or unlock. The PPV fan rests on firm, anti-vibration rubber feet for stability. “Walking” or movement of the fan while in operation is eliminated. Risk of getting clothing in the positive pressure fan’s blades while kneeling to set brake levers is eliminated. 16″ models are only available with 6″ non-pneumatic tires.
TURBO 2000 SHROUD
- By redesigning the inward curve and front of the shroud, the Turbo 2000 increases air velocity by up to 30%. The air hitting the ventilation opening is stronger and maintains PPV pressure farther downwind.
- The exclusive full width handle design makes pushing or pulling the positive pressure ventilation fan to and from the ventilation site quick and easy. The handle quickly swings up to a comfortable height and automatically locks firmly into position. Unlatch and easily fold the handle down for storage at the PPV fan’s listed dimensions.
DUAL “WINNING STEP”
- No levers to set or knobs to tighten when setting the angle for PPV. Foot operated adjustment is quick, easy and secure. Dual step allows for adjustment with either foot. Four back and one forward tilt position.
- Front and rear safety grilles feature a continuous spun wire body with eight tie point bars that also support the “Turbo 2000” shroud integrity. Meets strict European CE Safety Standards.
- Features a large section of durable, reflective material to dramatically increase visibility of the blower from front view and a full list of instructions on the back to allow for safe and effective use.
Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan, Cone Air Flow (CAF)
16″, 18″, 21″, or 24″ Diameter Assembly, AirFlex Fiberglass Reinforced Polyamide Blades
Rugged, Lightweight, Square-Steel Tubing with Powder-Coat Finish
Turbo 2000 Design, Tapered Aluminum w/ Durable Powder-Coat Finish
16″ Models: 6″ Non-Pneumatic w/ Steel Hubs
18″, 21″ and 24″ Models: 8″ Non-Pneumatic w/ Steel Hubs
Continuous Circular-Wound, External-Weld Steel Wire with 8 Tie Points for Additional Safety
Meets UL & European CE Safety Standards
Direct-Drive Variable Speed 110-120V, 60Hz (220-230V, 50Hz Available) Electric Motor
GFCI CompatibleNEMA-4 Rated Drive
Steel-Reinforced Rubber and Welded Steel Spring Feet
Foot-Operated Tilt Mechanism
16” Models: Four Position Tilt, +10°, +5°, 0°, -5°
18”, 21”, 24” Models: Five Position Tilt, +15°, +10°, +5°, 0°, -5°